I suggest you ...

Extend payments possibilities

I am testing osclass and i must say it looks promising, even with some minor glitches in it.

I do miss extensive commercial prossibilities.

Ppl can pay for an ad or just for a featured ad.
Personally i find this not good enough.

There should be a possibility that a user can choose a plan like:

-ad based or subscription based
-number of words eg: 20 is free, rest is $$
-number of days eg: 30 days is free, more is $$
-!! number of pictures eg: 1 is free, more is $$
-no of ads: 1 is free, more is $$
-featured is $$
-Highlighted is $$
-video classifieds is $$

I have a classifieds site running and here is use following plans:

-free ad plan: Ad Based
Words: 50
Days: 60
Pictures: 1
Ads: 1
price: free

-Standard
Ad Based
Words: 100
Pictures: 5
price $$

-Silver pack
Ad Based
Words: 200
Pictures: 10
Silver
Video Classifieds
price$$

-Gold pack
Ad Based
Words: 250
Highlighted
Gold
Video Classifieds
price $$

-All inclusive
Ad Based
Words: 250
Pictures: 15
Featured
Highlighted
Gold
Video Classifieds
price $$

-Agencies
Subscription Based
Words: 200
Days: 90
Ads: Unlimited
Subscription Time: Unlimited
Video Classifieds
price$$

all this payable by paypal, creditcard, sms/text, wire transfer,...

Hope this might ring some bells, and hoping to see some of this in the future. It would be a great addition.

Roger

337 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RogerRoger shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Blobloblo BooBlobloblo Boo commented  · 

this could be start small like subscriptions based first, that would do.

• Koel NodeKoel Node commented  · 

It's almost a shame that OSClass do not has this option, yet!

• George AndersonGeorge Anderson commented  · 

Change the heading as said in the last post and registration via Paypal!
        This gives you options on how you 'want to play your game'....
        Sure there's a plugin for that, but having just bought 'the slider' with php info on how to install is double Dutch to me, so I'm reluctant to spend on apps now in case the install contains gobble-de-gook! I need plug and play, and think most of us out here need the same! G

• George AndersonGeorge Anderson commented  · 

Would agree also...Register & Post Your Ad instead of Post Your Ad For FREE! Some of us out here are trying to make money from our efforts! G

• 14brockley14brockley commented  · 

I would definitely recommend having a bank transfer option.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Preciso mais bandeira de cartão de credito no plugin, obrigado

• AdiAdi commented  · 

This is a requested feature by more and more users. I have installed Payments plugin just to see that is so limited and to make thing even worse, it created a new area in my account in which is showing just 5 of my ads. We should not have a duplicated area with all the listings. All we need are 2 buttons attached to each of our listings: Pay and Make Premium. Pay should be hidden if the option is not activated in admin.

• ZonaEuZonaEu commented  · 

Good ideia

• Dave MaysDave Mays commented  · 

I would like to see this as well. I really would like the idea of having a basic package that allows people to have two ads at a time, and a premium package that would allow more ads please.

• Anonymous commented  · 

That's simple and I just don't understand why we don't have better ways of payment yet, Osclass team or whoever can just charge for that. Once we're having it to earn money. So Osclass team, please make this real as soon as possible and let us all know because as you can see, we all need it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sorry, but I do not agree at all.
        This can be done with a plugin.
        Lacked only charge for users who want to register.

And even now, just there is only positive votes? What is the estimated relationship?
        Conclusion, we consider all the positive votes, the rest does not count. No sense

• Steven HeleySteven Heley commented  · 

It would be good is users can have their individual pricing set, say for traders. You could also 'invoice' or charge a user say once a month or when a set preset balance is reached for items sold.

You should also be able to put a users adverts on 'stop' so they do not show if the do not pay their bill.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Payments for ads thru Authorize.net largest real bank portal for charge cards

• dev101dev101 commented  · 

Great suggestion

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am in the process of learning to set up a local business directory and have installed OSClass through my domain provider. Apart from trying to learn and modify the base template for what I am trying to achieve, I too am looking for a way to change the meaning of Premium Listings to an extended listing time frame. EG free listing are valid for XX amount of days, and can be upgraded to Premium Listings which are valid for 1 year for $XX .
        I can set the days an ad is to be placed for in the categories pages eg 14 days, and I can set premium ads from its respective menu to run for a different amount of days eg 365 days...but when I check the my 'manage listings', the ad that is checked premium still shows an expiry of 14 days.
        I don't know code, very little actually (but learning), but I am thinking that it would be a case of adjusting the script so that premium 'days listed' overrides the expiry of std free listings. ......or is that too simplistic? I really don't know, it seems like a logical easy update/adjustment. I would love to find a quick solution to this, not sure if it is related to the initial post.

• Gerardo BaezGerardo Baez commented  · 

I would like see this features in not too distant future!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base